Welcome to the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences Department of Marketing and Communications!
Our Mission: To support the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences’ mission of research, outreach and practice, by sharing our impacts to diverse audiences across campus, Tennessee, the nation, and the world.
- Responsive: Provide excellent customer service though a quick response to inquires
- Collaborative: A team approach to providing communications solutions for our clients
- Proactive: Get in front of issues and provide solutions
- Innovative: Be leaders in adopting communications trends and technologies
- Respectful: Treat everyone with the respect they deserve
- Timely: Be mindful of our clients’ needs and deadlines
- Inclusive: Vol means all. We strive to produce intentional communications products that speak to all audiences, while amplifying the stories and experiences of those in marginalized communities
- Excellence In All That We Do: Produce the highest-quality communications products for our faculty and staff
We offer assistance with:
- Web and print writing, editing, and creative design projects
- Event promotion
- Video Production
- Strategic Communications
- Long-term campaign consultation, development, and execution
- Social media guidelines and assistance
- Digital Monitor Signage
We can help you get the word out! If you would like an event, important date, reminder, deadline, directional info, occasional kudos to someone, or a short recap of an event shared on our digital monitors, you can submit it for display on our Digital Signage Request. If you need help creating your display item or have any other items you need assistance in creating, submit it for Creative Assistance. If you need our assistance with a project, we would love to hear about it. Please provide us with as much detail as you can when completing any of these forms.
Don’t forget the power of Social Media! If you want to promote your story on social, be sure to tag the college in any posts or tweets you share. Do you have a big event that you could share through an Instagram Takeover? We have the largest Instagram following on campus and can help spread the word!
What’s the next step?
- We may work with your staff to create or develop
- We may create it for you
- We may ask UT Communications to create
- We may choose to outsource (when funding allows)
CEHHS design resources are limited, and for shorter timelines, design duties can also be assigned to an approved freelancer. This, however, would create an extra charge to the department.
If you have created an outward-facing marketing piece and it is ready to be vetted for brand, messaging, and design, please complete the form for design review and approval.
For marketing materials created in Canva, this vetting process is simplified by just sharing the design within the Canva app with the Marketing Team. We can see that it has been shared and make comments/edits easily. It really is a huge time saver for everyone! We have recently requested copies of all of the current marketing materials from your department. Existing materials do not need to be uploaded for approval. We will work through the samples received to address any edits needing addressed.
Canva – College Marketing Team Design Tool
CEHHS is utilizing a cloud-based design application called Canva. It is a cloud-based design tool that allows us to build a team that can utilize templates and share designs with ease. It allows all of the users on our team to access the proper UT/College/Department colors, fonts, logos, and designs. It also offers access to 1000s of stock photos, illustrations and graphics for free. The best part of this tool is the ability for team members to collaborate, share their work with us for quick feedback and edits, and the professional-looking graphics that it offers. It immediately takes our graphics to a professional level. CEHHS has been testing this in several of the departments and across the college with great success and improved design results. If you are interested in being added to the CEHHS team account please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Cost is $129/year but you will have access to UT-specific branding, tools, templates, and collaboration.