Providing practical ways to improve scholarship quality, and supporting the professional development of faculty in becoming known scholars in their field.
The Office of Research and External Funding facilitates research, service, and education activities by supporting faculty and staff in pursuing external funding. The team provides specialized, high-quality service in all aspects of proposal development for federal, state, and private funding. The office helps ensure compliance with internal and external requirements within an atmosphere of professionalism and collaboration. The staff provides a level of support that is individualized to meet the needs of the funding opportunity and the level and experience of the lead faculty or staff.
Reseach and External Funding Annual Report
Fiscal Year 23 Proposals to Date Fiscal Year 23 Awards to Date
Learn more about research at UT.
Services Provided by OREF
- Identify funding opportunities
- Review and interpret sponsor guidelines to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements
- Develop proposal packages including electronic submissions
- Develop budget and justification
- Coordinate strategic development of large proposals
- Obtain subcontract or consultant paperwork
- Edit necessary forms to meet sponsor criteria
- Arrange technical editing of proposal narrative upon request
- Ensure cost share commitments are accurate and approved
- Review compliance issues
- Entry of Cayuse SP proposal information for Principal Investigator’s
- Liaise with the Division of Research Administration (DRA) on proposal changes needed prior to submission
- Request advanced account set-up
- Provide training on external funding topics or internal controls as necessary
Reseach and External Funding Organizational Chart
Recent CEHHS Research News
Are you a current CEHHS faculty or staff member? Visit the Office of Research and External Funding’s site on the CEHHS Hub.