The Graduate Student Senate (GSS) Travel Awards process has changed. GSS is now requiring electronic submission of the application.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN THIS ORDER OR YOUR REQUEST WILL BE DENIED!
We will no longer provide paper copies of the application to the Graduate School. However, the deadline has not changed. Applications should be submitted to David Cihak, 337 Claxton Complex by March 27th. This deadline is for travel May 1, 2019 through August 31, 2019. Please follow these instructions for completing the application:
- Complete the CEHHS Travel Request Form (blue button at bottom of page at this link.) You MUST use your @utk.edu email address to complete the form. It will be sent directly to your department upon completion.
- Next download, print and complete the GSS Travel Awards Application and the Travel Awards Signature Page.
- Submit these two documents to your department to start the funding/signature process FIRST! Verify that they have received your CEHHS Travel Request Form.
- Once the three documents are approved at the department level, they will be submitted to David Cihak, 337 Claxton Complex on your behalf.
- Cihak will review the documents, determine funding, and sign both the CEHHS Travel Request Form and the GSS Travel Awards Signature Page.
- The GSS Travel Awards Signature Page will be scanned back to you to include when completing your Online GSS Travel Awards Application.
NOTE! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE GSS TRAVEL AWARDS APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR APPROVED GSS TRAVEL AWARDS SIGNATURE PAGE TO INCLUDE!