Our office facilitates research, service, and education activities by supporting faculty and staff in their pursuit of external funding. We provide specialized, high-quality service in all aspects of proposal development for federal, state, and private funding. Our office helps ensure compliance with internal and external requirements within an atmosphere of professionalism and collaboration.
Our office provides a level of support that is individualized to meet the needs of the funding opportunity and the level and experience of the lead faculty or staff. To provide this high-quality service, please click the “Submitting a Proposal” icon below and complete the proposal form as soon as you begin to think about pursuing external funding.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Review and interpret sponsor guidelines to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements
- Develop proposal packages including electronic submissions
- Develop budget and justification
- Coordinate strategic development of large proposals
- Obtain subcontract or consultant paperwork
- Edit necessary forms to meet sponsor criteria
- Arrange technical editing of proposal narrative upon request
- Ensure cost share commitments are accurate and approved
- Review compliance issues
- Entry of Cayuse SP proposal information for Principal Investigator’s
- Liaise with Division of Research Administration (DRA) on proposal changes needed prior to submission
- Request advanced account set-up
- Provide training on external funding topics or internal controls as necessary
UTK Institutional Information
If you need a post-award revision (i.e. no-cost extension, budget revision, etc.), contact our departmental business manager who will coordinate with DRA, as needed.