Director of Teaching Development
Jedediah Blanton is the Director of Teaching Development at CEHHS and also serves in the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies.
Blanton enjoys the practice of teaching and mentoring others in how to teach at the college level. At UT, he has served as the College Senate President, worked as a Technology-Enhanced Teaching Fellow for the Provost’s Office, as a Faculty Fellow with the office of Teaching and Learning Innovation, and presently serves on the Scholarly Teaching Advisory Board for TLI.
- Attend CEHHS Administrative Council meetings monthly
- Develop and implement a professional development plan for teaching for GTAs, new faculty, and experienced faculty.
- Provide formal and informal support to GTAs and faculty in classroom instructional practices
- Conduct orientation session(s) for new faculty on teaching practices/procedures
- Develop CEHHS guide for peer observations for dossier
- Identify and coordinate “excellence in teaching” strategies for faculty to document classroom and teaching effectiveness for dossiers
- Assist with college-wide teaching awards
- Develop a resource guide for teaching for the CEHHS intranet
Secondary Duties (in collaboration)
- Collaborate with the department heads to assist with teaching-focused faculty searches
- Collaborate with the dean and director of faculty affairs in teaching-focused mentoring/training opportunities
- Collaborate with the Director of DEI on inclusive and equitable teaching practices