- The University of Tennessee Theory and Practice in Teacher Education is hosting virtual “office hours” every Thursday, at 12:30 to answer your questions & offer advice! No appointment needed! Join the experts for Thirty-Minute Thursdays here: tennessee.zoom.us/j/92177164265
- The Literacy experts from the University of Tennessee are hosting a brand new online series called Lit Chat. Every Wednesday at 3 PM, a professor from the Department of Theory and Practice in Teacher Education will be live on Zoom to answer your questions about teaching literacy at home. Let us know what questions you’d like to have answered here: http://tiny.utk.edu/LitChatSurvey Check out our Facebook page every Monday for the updated Zoom link for this week’s Lit Chat.
READING ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES
- Check out this google STEM teaching resource site for families and teachers from the Department of Theory and Practice in Teacher Education‘s Lynn Hodge and East Tennessee STEM Hub. They are hosting weekly “Community chats and coffee” and are creating STEM Sparks videos that share hands-on activity and spark an interest in problem-solving. You can even ASK THE STEM EDUCATOR a question and they will get back to you within 24 hours. This is recommended for grades 6-12.
- The Tennessee Behavior Supports Project is offering “TBSP Tuesdays” free to teachers, educators, parents, and caregivers of students. These weekly, open virtual office hours from 2-3pm, are hosted by each project’s staff member in East Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, and West Tennessee to provide educators a place to come ask questions, connect, and collaborate regarding student behavior. Sign-up times and dates are available for virtual office hours.
CONSUMER BEHAVIORS IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
- Join Michelle Childs, assistant professor in Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Management, as she hosts a free Zoom webinar focusing on understanding consumer behavior before and during COVID0-19 and to anticipate what a post-pandemic retail landscape will look like for nonprofit organizations. This is a free, online event to be held May 29th from 10-11 AM. REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
- Join Michelle Childs, assistant professor in Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Management, as she hosts a free “Spark-Ignite Your Business” Zoom webinar where you will learn about consumer behavior before and during COVID-19 and how businesses can transform to match the new reality in a post-pandemic retail landscape. This is a free, online event to be held June 5 from 9-10 AM CDT/8-9 AM EST. REGISTRATION REQUIRED