CEHHS Celebrates Top Graduate, Olivia Herd

The College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (CEHHS) is excited to announce one of our top graduates, Olivia Herd. Olivia majored in Audiology and Speech Pathology through a joint program offered by Theory and Practice in Teacher Education and the UT Health Science Center.

“I am from Belvidere, Tennessee where I attended Franklin County High School. I have attended UT as a Chancellor’s Thomas D. Dunlap Scholar and am a member of several honors societies such as Phi Eta Sigma, The National Society of Leadership and Success, and National Student Speech Language Hearing Association.

The University of Tennessee has provided me many on and off campus opportunities to serve the community and develop my career interests. I have pursued my passion for community outreach by leading a construction and aid trip to Thomonde, Haiti in the Spring of 2016 and by volunteering as a mentor and tutor at Inskip Elementary through the University-Assisted Community Schools Program.

I have explored my interests within the field of speech pathology by volunteering as an undergraduate researcher in the Autism Social Development and Friendship Lab. I look forward to continuing my educational career at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Fall of 2018 as I pursue my Master of Science degree in speech-language pathology.”

Olivia, CEHHS is so proud of you. We know you will go on to do incredible work to enhance the lives of others! Congratulations!

Report an accessibility barrier.Privacy.