All this week, you will see impact items going up around campus. Included in these will be:
- 1,625 orange mortarboard decals on the Student Union windows facing the pedestrian bridge to represent new undergraduate scholarships awarded last year from the 613 scholarship funds created since 2012
- 132 folding chairs placed along Ayres Hall South lawn to represent faculty awards, professorships, and chairs created since 2012
- 236 hanging lights within the 2nd floor of Hodges Library to represent graduate fellowships and scholarships created since 2012
- 4 sets of 54-piece tumbling tower blocks placed at four locations to represent college and unit-based priorities; Humanities Plaza, Torchbearer Plaza, Fred Brown Residence Hall Plaza, and the College of Law lobby
- 558 pieces of sports equipment around Neyland Stadium’s gate #21 to represent comprehensive athletic excellence and our 558 student athletes.
These items all represent accomplishments made at the university as we strive to set ourselves apart and create a student experience that reaches beyond the ordinary. Our students are among the nations elite, we have higher graduation and retention rates than ever before, and we have recruited and retained the top minds in the world in faculty positions. All of these accomplishments wouldn’t have been possible without the generous donations from people just like you! Our journey to become a premiere public research institution is possible with your help.
Keep a watch around campus this week as the “Join the Journey” campaign kicks off officially Friday, September 22. Consider how you can “Join the Journey” by making your leadership gift today!