The College of Education, Health & Human Sciences (CEHHS) thanks Tony Brown, 2000 Alumni from the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sports Studies, who has completed his tenure as the Chair for the CEHHS Dean’s Board of Advisors. Brown is currently the director of Heart of Los Angeles, (HOLA), an after school program which provides a safe place for children to stay off the streets, learn something, and make something more of themselves; a place where every child gets a chance.
The CEHHS Dean’s Board of Advisors is a group of alumni and supporters interested in helping the college achieve its fullest potential. The Dean’s Board of Advisors serves in a collaborative relationship with an advisory capacity to the leadership and faculty of the CEHHS to:
- Engage in dialogue with the Dean about the future of the CEHHS, provide counsel on key issues confronting the college, and facilitate a continuing liaison between the college and the various constituents it serves;
- Work to enhance the quality of the CEHHS programs, expand educational opportunities of students, and advance the reputation of the college’s respective departments; and
- Promote active involvement of persons interested in the advancement of the mission and vision of the college;
- Support the college’s need to continuously improve by agreeing to:
- make a personal time, talent, and monetary commitment at an appropriate level based on one’s capabilities;
- actively assist the college’s development office by recommending sources of gift and research funds from private, foundation and corporate sources; and
- articulate the college’s vision and plans and have the skills to engage alumni and friends in supporting the college with direct and indirect financial support. When appropriate, this may include participation in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits with college administrators and/or staff.