***THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED. It is such a busy time of year for a lot of our faculty, staff and students and we understand.
IT’S CEHHS CHALK WALK TIME IN TENNESSEE!
Calling all College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (CEHHS) departments, programs, organizations, student groups, grants, centers and offices!
It’s SPRING! The flowers are full of color, the sky is blue and the Pedestrian Walkway sidewalks will be a KALEIDOSCOPE with CEHHS Chalk Art too!
Put a group together and sign up to participate in the 2nd Annual CEHHS Chalk Walk on Pedestrian Walkway on Friday, March 31st.
Let’s educate the UT campus and beyond about all of the great things that are going on in CEHHS. From our awesome departments, to incredible staff, to program highlights, to centers that are changing the world, to outreach efforts, to engaging initiatives…the good news is endless! We have one of the most traveled places on campus reserved to share some of our stories in chalk and with signage, but we need YOU!
- Each of the participants (departments, programs, student organizations, centers, projects, grants, offices, etc) who want to participate will be given a 32 X 40 sheet of black foam core on which to create that will be hung across the pedestrian walkway bridge when completed. (The walkway is brick and can’t be drawn on.)
- Kids sidewalk chalk is not ideal as it does not have much pigment in it. Chalk Pastels are the best medium—NO OIL-BASED PASTELS. Cheap chalk pastels are fine, and we have some leftovers from last year that teams are welcome to utilize.
- Each team will design their artwork. The artwork does not HAVE to depict the group. It can be focused on Spring, nature, UT, etc. These do not have to be professional creations!
- Each chalk creation will be accompanied by a description of the CEHHS group that created it-a bit of CEHHS education with each piece.
- On Friday, March 31st creation of artwork will begin and the pedestrian walkway will be lined with all things CEHHS—We will display a banner with our departments listed along with additional CEHHS signage, healthy snacks, and fun.
- Since our designs are going to be created on removable sheets of foam core, your creation will be sprayed with a fixative and displayed across our buildings over the next few weeks to continue to draw attention to the awesomeness of our college.
- If you haven’t had enough awesome chalk artwork by the end of Friday, you can get up Saturday morning and head down to Market Square to the Dogwood Arts Chalk Walk too! More info http://www.dogwoodarts.com/chalk-walk/
**If you would like to sketch your artwork plan out ahead of time or at least see the finished size, we are fine with you coming by to pick up your board after Tuesday, March 28th. We encourage you do wait to do the “chalk” portion of the work itself at the event on Friday morning so viewers can share the fun as your work is being created but we also understand that schedules do not always allow.
PREVIOUS YEAR’S PARTICIPANTS INCLUDED:
- RHTM Retail Student Association
- Rocky Top Institute
- Public Health Graduate Student Association
- FUTURE Program
- ELC Kindergarten
- Evaluation and Statistics Measurement PHD Program
- FRUVED Grant
- Art Education Program
- CEHHS Dean’s Office
- KRSS Center for Physical Activity and Health
- Technology Team
- Future Physical Therapist Association
- STEM Education
- And many more…….
Soooooo, it’s SPRING! Let your imaginations BLOOM!
Hop to it and get your group together and RSVP for your space on the CEHHS CHALK WALK! **In case of rain, the event will be moved to Claxton Commons!
RSVP by 3/27/17 to email@example.com with:
- Group Name
- Participant Names/emails (you can always add to this)
- Short group description (this is the description that will be posted alongside your artwork. It is meant to educate people about your CEHHS department, program, group, office, grant, initiative, outreach, etc.)
Some of last year’s participant’s artwork!