- Internal funding sources such as Scholarly and Research Incentive Funds (SARIF), Organized Research Unit (ORU) Funding, and others.
- External funding sources in Targeted Funding Announcements, Young Investigator Opportunities, and Graduate Fellowships.
- Self-Directed Sources including SciVal, Grants.gov, Foundation Directory Online.
EXTERNAL FUNDING SOURCES
- Foundations: Nongovernmental organizations that fund research in education, health, exercise science, etc.
- Institute of Education Sciences: The research arm of the US Department of Education, focusing on research that contributes to school readiness and academic achievement for all students.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): Supports biomedical, behavioral, social, clinical, and other health-related research.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): Research support for all fields of fundamental science and engineering.
- US Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture: RFPs issued by USDA that include research on education; family, youth and communities; and food, nutrition, and health.